Thursday, February 23, 2012

Welcome to the Frog Pond

Welcome to the Frog Pond, this blog will be 100% dedicated to frog fishing and frog related equipment. I have made it my lifes mission to track and review all Frogs baits available on the market today.. the good, the bad and the ugly.. not to mention the expensive.

I'm only one man, so I can really use your help.. If you know of a Frog you would like to see reviewed, please contact me at bass.junky@hotmail.com, I will work to track down all requested frogs and get them add to pond.

Here's how The Pond works..

As I add new Frogs to the pond, I will put them through some random testing, on and off the water, looking for what make and breaks them. I will use the below rating system and share with you links to other reviews I have found.


Rating System:

Each frog will be rated on the following criteria: Quality, Durability, Castability, Presentation, Hook-up Ratio, Available Options, Product Availability & Price


I will be grading each area out of 5, (5 being perfect) Once each area is rated an overall grade will be given out of 10 (confused yet?). Since there are so many other great review sites already out there, I will also try to include a link to various other reviews of the product.. just like movie critics we each have or own taste and what works for me, may not work for all.

Product Awareness:

Even more important then the testing and rating of frogs, is raising the level of awareness of just what's out there.  With on-line shopping blowing up and the Mom & Pop bait designers in each corner of the globe, there really is a whole new world to be discovered.

For each frog I add to the pond I will list the links to the various major (and sometimes minor) retailers that carry each frog. Because there are so many I will not be able to list them all, but again I would appreciate a heads up if you are aware of a company I have missed.. or you want to bring a great frog retailer to my attention.


For those of you that read my other blog Bass Junkies Fishing Addiction, you know that I have a stock pile of frogs ready to go, but I dont want to get crazy here so I will only be adding 1 new frog each week.

thanx for reading..

3 comments:

  1. this is a great idea man..such an exciting way to fish and i think it gets overlooked a lot of times

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx man, stay tuned, there are a pile of reviews coming

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came believe I just found this. I am a frogging fool. Love the info.

    ReplyDelete