Monday, May 18, 2015

Worlds Best Bass Frog (Clone Series)





Worlds Best  : Colors: 10  Length: 3"  inch Weight: 1/2oz  Pack Count: 1

Intro:

I have been sitting on this review for awhile now, and was never sure if I would actually post it. This frog is hand made and I have been weary of knocking a product that someone has obviously been putting a lot of time and effort into. The Worlds Best Bass Frog made its mark with a series of videos showing the creator hauling in massive fish from his canoe. Personally my experience was not quite so dramatic but then again my reviews are not based on the size of the fish I caught, but more the quantity the quality of the bait and how much fun I had throwing it.. 3 strikes in this instance


Overall Rating: 4.9/10
Each frog is rated on the following criteria: Quality, Castability, Presentation, Hook-up Ratio Available Options, Product Availability & Price


Quality & Durability: 3.0/5

2 out of 3 components of this frog are not exactly built to last. Those being the foam body and the Hook/insert at the nose of the bait. Both are easily abused and pulled apart (even more so if you happen to hook into a fish with some teeth.

The only durable part are the legs, but with that said If the hook pulls out it doesn't matter how durable the legs were since they will be floating down the lake (been there done that)


Castability: 3.0/5

this bait has a large profile body constructed of a light weight foam, it can be hard to cast without doing some serious break adjustments and things can get harry if the wind picks up.


Presentation: 2.5/5

I don't care who you are, you won't get more then a push and pull motion out of this frog. The foam will keep it afloat and the legs always get back in position but hell I could do the same with some cork and pipe cleaner.

Hook-up Ratio: 2.5/5

I think I'm being generous here, any frog with this much bulk and rubber behind the hook will give you fits when it comes to hook-up ratio, especially when the fish are short striking.  On top of this the weed-guard is a short elastic band that comes out of place quite easily making the hook pick up slop and salad on the retrieve. Unless the fish are taking this from in fully, good luck driving the hook home (oh yeah did I mention it was a single hook)






Availability: 2.0/5

As far as I can tell this bait is only available at one on-line website and that is creator owned/operated website. The people selling the bait were very nice and great to work with. I bought a pair of frogs off them and the experience was great.

Options & Price: 2.0/5

Watch out for this one. I bought the clone series as it was the only affordable option for this frog. You can buy the original series for $50 a frog and the Replicant series for $35, I see why they are so expensive as they are pieces of art and not really baits. I couldn't image fishing with one of these, but they sure are pretty


Where to Find:
In case you are having a hard time finding these locally, here are some reliable options for you.


Bass Frog.Com ($9.99)



Equipment:

All  testing was done on a  Dobyns DX746 this is my go to rod  for hollow and soft plastic baits alike. As for reels, the Daiwa Lexa pairs well with this rod and gives you a nice over sized spool for that added distance and power. Line choice was SunLIne FX2





Field Test Report Card:

Open Water (Sparse Pads): B
Pads (Medium Cover): C+
Slop & Grass (Heavy Cover): D

Walk the Dog: C
Popping Action: N/A
Sit/Pause: C







No comments:

Post a Comment