Monday, September 16, 2013

Daiwa Samurai Braid Line Review



Colors: 1  Sizes: 150yrd - 1500yrd  Strength: 15-80lb 

Intro:

Daiwa Samurai offers up some of the smoothest braid on the market today. Its thin diameter and size is almost scary when fishing beefier techniques, but its strong enough to hold up to the frogiest of  conditions


Overall Rating: 8.3/10


Quality/Durability: 4.5/5

As an avid angler I have grown to accept that braided lines are going to bleed and my hands will be green my the end of the day, this is true with Samurai but I will mention that I was surprised at how well the colour lasted. As for the strength I have tested everything from 20lb on up to 60lbs and had no no breakage concerns. I really love the cast-ability of this line and it is a dream to work with on both lighter and heavier weigh frogs

Availability & Price:  3.5/5


Samurai line is not widely available in Canada, but most of the major players carry it and it is readily available on line. The price can be somewhat scary at times, but most of the Japanese import lines all fall within the same price range, though Samurai surely out performs most of them when it comes to quality braids

Options : 4.5/5

 I don't know how many options you need when it comes to frog line, but Samurai is available in weight ratings from 15-80lbs. Obviously the 15lb is a bit light for most frog fishing situations, but I often throw soft body frogs (in open water applications) on the 20lb, and usually save the 40-60lb sizes for my hollow-bodies. I feel 80lbs is a bit over kill but, to each his own

Where to Find:
In case you are having a hard time finding these locally, here are some reliable options for you.

Daiwa (info only)

Tackle Warehouse ($27.99 - 279.99) 

Anglers Warehouse ($24.95 - 204.95)

Tackle Direct ($29.95 - $359.95)


I recommend giving Daiwa Samurai line a shot on your frog rods, I think you will quickly notice your casting distance increase with no loss of power, what more can you ask for in a line




No comments:

Post a Comment